As parents, we need tools to help us better understand and relate to our teens and children. Here are some helpful links, for us as parents, to use.
- A website published by Focus on the Family containing all the links and information that Focus makes available for families.
- A website published by Focus on the Family that is a resource for parents of children of any age, birth through teen. It features detailed discussion of many parenting issues, including those that are controversial.
- TroubledWith is a confidential website by Focus on the Family that is built on a search engine in which the guest can search for articles and resources on any issue that they may be struggling within their family. Ex: “alcohol abuse” or “gender identity.”
- PluggedIn is dedicated to educating families (particularly parents) on the media choices that our kids are exposed to every day. It offers honest and detailed reviews of every single movie, CD, TV show and many books that are available for consumption by children today.
- This is Dennis Rainey’s web page and, like Focus on the Family, aims to provide resources and links for parents who are seeking help in raising Christian families.
- Dr. Kevin Leman’s family ministry is about “restoring hope to people’s lives by continuing to provide critical resources.” Both Real Families and Family Life Today have Focus’ endorsement.
- The Family Research Council “champions marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society. FRC shapes public debate and formulates public policy that values human life and upholds the institutions of marriage and the family. Believing that God is the author of life, liberty, and the family, FRC promotes the Judeo-Christian worldview as the basis for a just, free, and stable society.”
- Splink is a SIMPLE way to LINK your family together spiritually. It’s a FREE weekly email packed with ideas to help connect your family. Splinks are creative ways of interacting with your children through the use of faith talks, devotional starters and ideas for family time.
Here are some helpful quicklinks around Burleson and the area to help find activities, information and intrests.